Buttsworth Industrial Supplies was founded by Pat Buttsworth in 1946 as Buttsworth Earthmoving. The company employed 25 people to manufacture and export the world famous Buttsworth Scoop pictured on the left. The scoop was invented by Pat who was a pioneer of welding in the area. He started the business in a small building in George Street, Windsor and in 1952 when the scoops became famous he built a larger premises in Macquarie Street. When the Windsor Industrial Area opened in 1972 Pat built the current factory in Walker Street, South Windsor. Jeff and his son Paul took over the business from Pat, Jeff’s father, in 1982. At this time a new direction was needed and they decided to change the company name to Buttsworth Engineering.
The company began general engineering work including structural steel and repairs. In 1985 a retail shop was opened selling engineering supplies to satisfy the growing demand. The list of products included nuts, bolts, bearings, steel, and welding equipment. The range of products in the shop has continued to build over the years to meet the needs of their customers.
In 2007 Buttsworth Engineering, now trading as Buttsworth Industrial Supplies, celebrated its 60th Anniversary. Paul and Linda Thomas continue to manage the family business that employs around 15 staff including their daughter Melissa & Pauls brother Chris.
Knowing their customers is one reason why Buttsworth Industrial Supplies has been in business for so long. Excellent customer service has created an image of reliability that ensures their customers turn to them whenever they need help or advice.